Cardiology and Interventional Radiology
Advancing the Standard of Care In Peripheral Embolization
The AMPLATZER Family of Vascular Plugs is designed to provide optimal embolization through single device occlusion, full cross-sectional vessel coverage and controlled, precise deployment. Vascular plugs have the ability to be recaptured and repositioned, if necessary. A single device from the family of vascular plugs embolizes a vessel that would often require many coils, which makes it an efficient and cost-effective4,5 alternative.
The AMPLATZER Family of Vascular Plugs Provides
- Flexibility to select the right vascular plug for the procedure based on vessel type, blood flow and the available landing zone
- Precise delivery and secure positioning
- Fast procedure times resulting in low radiation exposure for physician and patient1,2
- Device visibility under fluoroscopy with limited imaging artifact3
The AMPLATZER Family of Vascular Plugs is indicated for arterial and venous embolization in the peripheral vasculature. Some examples include:
Short Landing Zone Embolization
The AMPLATZER Vascular Plug (AVP) is one in a growing family of minimally invasive implantable embolization devices.
- Single-layer mesh and single-lobe design offers a device length appropriate for short landing zones
- Finely braided Nitinol wire mesh is designed to provide a radial force that secures the AVP within the vessel1
Variable Landing Zone Embolization
The multi-layered, multi-segmented design of the AMPLATZER Vascular Plug II (AVP II) significantly reduces the time to occlusion6 for transcatheter embolization procedures, while maintaining complete control during positioning and delivery.
- Self-expanding design provides full crosssectionalvessel coverage which minimizes migration and recanalization potential6
- Multi-layered mesh lobes create six occlusive planes, inducing rapid6 vessel occlusion
- Broad array of sizes (3-22 mm) available to treat a wide range of vessels
The AMPLATZER Vascular Plug 4 (AVP 4) is delivered through a 0.038 diagnostic catheter extending the reach of the AMPLATZER Family of Vascular Plugs. The flexible mesh of the AMPLATZER Vascular Plug 4 and the floppy distal section of the delivery wire enable the device to travel through tortuous anatomy with ease.
- Simple delivery through an 0.038 diagnostic catheter eliminating the need for catheter exchange
- Extended reach to distal vasculature due to the device’s low profile
- Rapid embolization provided by the device’s multi-layered, double-lobed design
The AMPLATZER Vascular Plug III (AVP III), with oblong cross-sectional shape, multiple Nitinol mesh layers and extended rims, provides the fastest7 occlusion of all AMPLATZER vascular plugs and is ideal for high-flow situations.
- Device rims extending past device body allowing for full wall apposition to enhance stability in high-flow vessels
- Small platinum marker on the distal rim designed to improve visualization for device orientation
- Easy device delivery by means of a 155 cm delivery wire accommodating a greater range of procedures